Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Big TSA Adventure

A couple of days ago I had my first flight since the TSA grope-fest started.  I was fully expecting the works as I went through security, and had decided that I would choose the scanner over the grope.  Putting all principle issues aside, I figure what could they really do with a picture of me?  It's not like someone would really enjoy it.


So, it is just about my turn to go through the full body image scanner and the TSA agent announces that it is time to rotate.  Rotate what?  I don't know.  What I do know is they blocked off the body image scanner and directed us through the old type of scanner.  So my moment of fame, practically a done deal, was snatched away from me at the last minute.

Now it is interesting in a time when these scanners are so necessary for security, that we can just shut them down for some administrative convenience.  Oh, well.


I am happy that I did not buy any TSA proof underwear for my big adventure.  Never heard of these?  See the following:


"Not only will your modesty be protected, but these undergarments are also made of materials that will shield you from unwanted radiation.  Thus far TSA is denying that the radiation is an issue, but some studies seem to indicate otherwise."

No comments: