Thursday, January 13, 2011

Google Affiliate Network

I am in the beginning stages of learning about Google Affiliate Network.  As I understand it, Google Affiliate Network (GAN) will give me the opportunity to post ads/links on my blog sites that are related to certain businesses.  The advantage for the company is free advertising and exposure.  The benefit to me is that I will be rewarded if someone makes a purchase through my link.  I have known of other affiliate programs, but I have never actually joined one.

Ideally a website or blog would have a whole lot more traffic than I have to make this process work.  Just the same, I am willing to give it a try if there is a company willing to have me.  I am not sure what risk they have if my site generates exposure, but no purchases.  At this point my primary blog is more shotgun approach than being a niche.  On-line marketing is easier with a niche blog.

Have no fear!  No worries!  This first rejection I have received will only spur me on.  I know there are some good opportunities out there.

No comments: