Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Elegance of the Hedgehog

Sorry to disappoint you, but I gave up on this one.  I started to listen to "The Elegance of the Hedgehog", written by Muriel Barbery and I decided on the first CD that this one was not for me.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the book.  To be honest, I'm curious enough about some things that I will probably borrow the book again.

But, for right now it did not work.  Maybe I just got off to a bad start.  Maybe I just wasn't focused.  The reader is excellent, but in this case maybe there were too many French sounding names and places.




No doubt this book contains an interesting story:  consider a 54 yr old, rather eccentric woman, a highly intelligent 12 year old girl and a visitor from Japan.

Don't let me know how it turns out!

No comments: