Monday, January 08, 2007

My First Video Blog

It has been a pleasant surprise that I have been able to create my first video blog. Actually, I should say video blog entry, since there is only one.

Here is how I did it.

My digital camera also has a video feature which is great since I do not have a digital video camera.


I made a small video clip of the Christmas Piano in action.
Kodak EasyShare is the software I use to transfer pictures from the camera to the computer. Videos are saved as .mov files and are played by Quicktime.


No doubt because I am using the low-end of video recording equipment, the video was a little darker than I would have liked. Could be I need to strive for better lighting next time. I looked for some shareware that would allow me to brighten it a little (just as we do with pictures all the time) but was not able to find any, yet. So I used it as it is.


Next, I went to www.photobucket.com and uploaded the .mov file. This is a free site and I have an account there. Up to this point I had only used this site for pictures. They handle video files as well. I am hoping they handle audio formats too. Photobucket meets the need to have the picture stored on the web (depends on the blog).

The best part of all for the non-programmer is that the html code for embedding the video in a blog or website is provided underneath the video. So it is as simple as cut and paste. Of course, the blogger editor contains a button to upload an image and would handle it more directly.

Have open the blog entry that you want to add the video to, and paste it into your blog.


For me it worked the first time. What a treat!

And now a treat for you. Click the link below if you want to see my video creation.

http://blogevolve.com/christmas-piano

God Bless You,
Dennis

No comments: